Sunday, January 14, 2018

Mysterious Grandfather

#52Ancestors

Hello peeps, hope you are all staying safe and warm with all of these winter storms floating around. It's week 2 of the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge and it's all about a favorite photo. The photo I've picked is of my Grandpa, Charles Dailey, because it's one of only about 2 pictures that I have of him.


This was taken, I believe, in the house on 27th in Akron, Ohio; at least that's what my dad said. I have no idea when it was taken, but sometime before 1 September 1920 when he died at age 53. At that time the house was in the town of Kenmore which later became part of the city of Akron. Charles was born 10 April 1866 in Richmondale, Ross Co, Ohio.

I wish I had more info on him so I could put some meat on the bones but for now I have to settle for what I have. He was a carpenter/carriage maker from the census [I have his vintage tool box and tools], he wasn't Catholic like my Grandma Dailey but didn't mind that she and the children were, and, as my dad recalled, and he liked to drink as Grandma would send him to Zimmerman's bar to fetch him home.

Well peeps, thanks for stopping by... hope you enjoyed your visit. I love comments and try to answer all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment